About Premier Automation:
Premier Automation is an engineered solutions company that specializes in providing innovative automation, drive and electrical control solutions and services to industrial and OEM markets. Premier Automation offers cost effective, industry specific technology solutions to help our customers increase their industrial productivity, efficiency and overall systems performance. We take the time to understand their unique process and requirements, and then work closely with them to develop the best solution for their need.
- Read and understand information from electro-mechanical prints.
- Cross check electrical and mechanical components required for the build against bill of material.
- Layout enclosures and sub panels for assembly/cutouts based on information provided.
- Identify components and its intended function as it applies to equipment to be built.
- Understand various methods of connection and apply proper methods to the equipment you are building.
- Remove all temporary markings prior to assembly.
- Assemble components per manufacturers spec.
- Mount components to equipment per prints with proper hardware specs as required.
- Wire equipment with proper voltage level, current level and industry standard color code per prints provided.
- Organize circuitry within panels for proper voltage level separation and aesthetic integrity.
- Fabricate brackets, structures, bus work, etc. per instruction and or prints.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office/Windows) to operate tagging machines and operating systems.
- Basic voltage meter knowledge for testing circuitry.
- Troubleshoot basic equipment assembly wiring.
Required Knowledge of:
- Must be able to properly identify and be aware of the basic usage of all electro-mechanical hand tools.
- Must be able to properly identify and be aware of the basic usage of all power tools.
- Must be able to properly identify the basic functions and be able to utilize electrical voltage meters.
- Must be able to understand the basic engineering electro-mechanical symbols used on industry prints.
- Must be able to read and transfer the markings of a ruler, T-square, tape measure, and metric scale.
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions in conjunction with electro-mechanical drawings and translate that information to 3-dimensional assembly.
- Must understand Ohms Law and apply it to sizing of conductors to be used per the equipment’s requirements.
- Must be able to understand the basic industry standard wire color designations and voltage levels per those colors
*Along with the above noted basic knowledge, a Premier Automation wireman must develop the ability to interpret prints and have the ability to see the end result, to the point of identifying incorrect circuitry within the prints provided. This skill is instrumental in his/her being able to productively assemble, wire, and self-check the work they have done.
*These basic skills along with the supervision of a group leader will allow our wireman to succeed in manufacturing the quality product Premier Automation requires for its customers.